19.1.2021 UPDATE - see attachment below 'Staying on Top of Remote Learning'
The COVID 19 Pandemic has revealed how essential it is for children to be able to work remotely and we use Office 365 to provide a universal provision for children attending Bosmere Junior School. In providing all our children with remote access to Office 365, we can ensure that every child has access to a range of online resources including:
- Email (MS Outlook)
- Desktop Publishing tools (Word, PowerPoint etc)
- Microsoft TEAMS
Microsoft TEAMS (which is one of the programs in Office 365) will be how we distribute home learning during the lock down. This can be accessed through laptops, desktop computers and most mobile devices such as phones and tablets.
Below you can view our Office 365 Home School Agreement which includes details of how children can log onto Office 365 and some of the rules we would like the children to follow when working online. By using Office 365 and Microsoft TEAMS, you and your child are agreeing to abide by the guidelines set out in the agreement.
We’ve also produced several simple videos that should help you understand how to support your child in using Office 365 and Microsoft TEAMS.
Each day from 8.30am children can expect:
- A morning briefing via Microsoft TEAMS – this will include messages about the days learning. This is most likely to be in the format of PowerPoint with written instructions. It may also include pre-recorded audio or video clips
- School staff will also be available via email and live text chat on Microsoft TEAMS to support children with their home learning
- An English, Maths and Foundation/Core subject lesson will be provided each day in the format of a PowerPoint presentation – children will be able to respond to tasks and submit them via Microsoft TEAMS
- Pupils can also submit work in the form of electronic documents (e.g. Word, PowerPoint) or by providing photos of written work that children have produced
- Some activities will provided through online platforms such as MyMaths and Read Theory
- Reading books can be distributed electronically through the School Libraries’ eplatform: https://www.eplatform.co/uk/school
TEAMS assignments can be completed online or if children want to work on paper then pictures of children’s work can be sent to staff via the children’s emails – there should be no need for children to have printed copies of work during this lockdown. Work packs create the need for unnecessary travel and we also feel that they do not provide the same quality of education that we can now facilitate through Microsoft TEAMS. If your child does not have digital or online access at home, you should contact the school to discuss how this could potentially be addressed.
Below you can view our policy for Remote Education Provision. It has more details on what to expect, including how teachers will monitor pupil engagement and provide feedback. Please read through it carefully.
You can log into Office 365 and TEAMS through internet browsers. An app for Microsoft TEAMS is available on the Apple Store and the Google Play Store for mobile devices. The children would sign in using their email and password (details in the video and the Office 365 Home School Agreement).
If you are struggling to log on to any of the platforms - Office 365, Microsoft TEAMS, MyMaths, TimesTable Rockstars or Read Theory, please contact your child's class teacher in the first instance.