Important COVID-19 Reminders
Sent by Mrs Robinson on 5th July
Important COVID-19 Reminders
Following the confirmed case of Covid-19 at Bosmere, please could I remind you all of the procedures we have in place, which MUST be followed at all times:
Children should not come to school in the following circumstances:
- If they or another member of the household is unwell with Covid-19 symptoms or has tested positive with Covid-19 in the last 10 days. The most important symptoms are:
- A new continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss of, or change in, the normal sense of taste or smell
- If they have recently returned from a country on the Government’s list of countries affected by restrictions on travel and should be undertaking a period of quarantine.
IF YOUR CHILD TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 YOU MUST INFORM THE SCHOOL STRAIGHT AWAY. IF THIS IS OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL HOURS, EVEN AT A WEEKEND OR IN A SCHOOL HOLIDAY, PLEASE EMAIL MRS ROBINSON ON email@example.com.
Children displaying symptoms:
- In accordance with Government guidelines they will be asked, however mild the symptoms, to remain in isolation for 10 days from the day after symptoms began.
- All other members of the household will also be required to isolate.
- If after 10 days, the child does not have a high temperature, they do not need to continue to self-isolate and can return to school.
- If they still have a high temperature, they should be kept self-isolated until their temperature returns to normal.
- They do not need to self-isolate if they just have a cough after 10 days, as a cough can last for several weeks after the infection has gone.
- Children can access a test if they display symptoms of coronavirus. We will encourage parents to test their child as soon as possible as it will form part of a test and trace programme that will help to reduce the risk of transmission to other pupils and staff.
- If the child tests negative, they can return to school and the other members of the household can end their self-isolation.
- Here is a link to the Government Website for testing:
Children / adults who are close contacts of a confirmed case:
- Close contacts who remain well must still stay at home and not leave the house for 10 days.
- As an extra precaution Public Health England (PHE) is now advising school-aged children who close contacts of someone who has tested positive to get a COVID-19 PCR test as soon as possible, even if they are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- You MUST inform the school of a positive test result.
Quarantine after travel:
- The whole household should remain in isolation for the recommended number of days.
You must not leave home if you are self-isolating:
- Do not go to public places
- Do not go on public transport or use taxis
- Do not go out to get food and medicine – order it online or by phone or ask someone to bring it to your home
- Do not have visitors in your home, including friends and family – except for people providing essential care
- Do not go out to exercise – exercise at home or in your garden if you have one
Link to the Government Guidance:
Please help us to work together to keep everyone at Bosmere safe.